A Gibraltar regulated bank has a new opportunity for a KYC and Compliance Administrator
to join its growing compliance team.
Working within the compliance team under the supervision and guidance of the Compliance Manager, the successful applicant to this job will be responsible for assisting within compliance and regulatory framework ensuring the company's products and services comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The role will involve various aspects of compliance in accordance with developing requirements, including compliance with applicable Banking and Anti Money Laundering regulations in Gibraltar and other EEA jurisdictions, as well as with Card Schemes such as those offered by MasterCard and Visa.
The overarching responsibility of the role will be to assist the Compliance Manager with day to day tasks and will involve collaborating with other departments, and consulting with the compliance manager and with external advisors to resolve legal compliance issues and best-practice policy decision making. It will also be necessary to report to management on the progress of specific compliance efforts.
Duties will include:-
- Handling customer service issues and seeking swift and timely resolution where possible.
- Running KYC and KYB checks on Customers.
- Drafting and reviewing manuals, policy and procedure documentation relating to existing and new business lines.
- Liaising with relevant card schemes (such as MasterCard and or Visa) with a view to understanding and influencing their policies and requirements.
- Assisting with marketing approvals for internal and external clients (and obtaining these approvals from regulators and schemes).
- To maintain and develop the culture within the business that understands compliance and works appropriately within regulations and minimises bureaucracy as much as possible.
- Ensuring that all partners using the bank to oversee their card programmes comply with all applicable rules and regulations.
Whilst the above highlights the main function of the role, it is by no means limited to these duties and will present and interesting and challenging opportunity with the holder being asked to undertake other compliance-related tasks and projects as required by the Company.
Whilst ideally candidates will have at least three years experience working in banking or financial services environment with (previous compliance, legal or paralegal background being advantageous)
, bright and literate candidates who have previous office based experience should not be discouraged from applying for this job.
The KYC and Compliance Administrator position is at one of the Rocks fastest growing financial organisations. Their success has been built on staff development and as such this Gibraltar job opportunity offers the chance to work at a real mover and shaker.