This niche fast growing Gibraltar based independent insurance manager is looking to recruit an experienced commercial Insurance manager.
The Insurance Manager is concerned with looking after a designated portfolio of captive insurance entities designed to help minimise the insurance risk for the company’s corporate clients.
Gibraltar is a rapidly expanding high quality global insurance jurisdiction and when combined with its clear taxation policies (especially when compared to other European offshore jurisdictions) it has quickly become a booming Captive insurance domicile.
As Insurance Manager your main responsibility will be maintaining the insurance company facilities for your designated portfolio of corporate clients and their cell, Protected Cell Company or captive requirements. As part of this well paid Gibraltar based insurance job you can expect to be asked to:
- Captive development and program design
- Premium administration
- Maintaining underwriting accounts and statistics
- Claims handling, administration and reporting
- Liaison with insurance and reinsurance brokers
- Liaison with third parties invoiced in the management of your accounts like major banks, investment managers, legal advisers, and auditors etc
It will also be the Insurance Managers responsibility to comply with the requirements of the Regulator, and work with other members of the local team like the Accountancy team, Compliance officer and support staff.
- To be considered for this rewarding and exciting insurance job in Gibraltar you should have at least 3 years Commercial insurance experience with a major commercial insurer
who operate with in an EU regulatory environment.
- You must be a commercial aware individual, comfortable in dealing one on one with demanding corporate clients.
- It is expected you will have a solid insurance business development or underwriting background and be in possession, or working towards at least the Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII).
- Applications are encouraged from individuals who can combine the above experience with a European languages – French, German and Italian are particularly well come.
The successful applicant to the Insurance Manager vacancy can expect not only an excellent salary and package of benefits, but also the opportunities that come with working with a major player in one of Europe’s fastest growing Insurance Management marketplaces.