This Gibraltar based fiduciary services provider is looking to hire a Financial Assistant to join their rapidly growing Rock based office.
The firm has experienced rapid growth, since its formation just over three years ago, on the back of its proactive and dynamic approach
to marketing offshore company incorporation, provision of trust and other offshore structures and the administration of funds and other investment instruments. The sheer level of workload now requires that they add to their internal accounting and finance resource by appointing a new Financial Assistant.
The Financial Assistant is charged with helping the existing finance team manage their workload. In many respects this is an exciting role, ideal for an existing financial or accounts assistant looking to diversify into a more interesting and challenging position.
Reporting directly to the firms Business Development Director and Finance Director the Financial Assistant will be tasked with helping with the daily duties of the Finance department
. You will also have some duties covering other colleagues during their vacancies and you can expect to find yourself undertaking a number of diverse and challenging functions â within the overall accounting remit. Some potential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertaking simple client accounting and assisting with creating month end management reports and simple client accounts.
- Other accounting duties you will be tasked with include the preparation of management and client accounts, creating cash flow projections, maintenance of cash-books, ledgers and banking documentation and dealing with daily banking requirements - whether on behalf of colleagues or clients.
- On behalf of client companies and trusts you will manage the business transactions to the required company accounting standards and using the proper accounting process.
- On occasion you will create and prepare financial statements.
- You will also be involved in helping clients and the firmâs accountants compile the data for client Tax returns for companies and individuals.
- You will work to assist the client in creating tax declarations and in the preparation of VAT returns, income tax statements and Business returns.
- The Financial Assistant will monitor all the various corporate bank accounts and reporting income of the various customer structures.
- They will ensure that all the data and records are completed on the various reporting spreadsheets and tools for the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting.
- They will run ad hoc reports from the accountancy software as directed to by senior management.
- On occasion the Financial Assistant will find them selves dealing with client queries by phone, email and post.
- They will assist the internal Compliance officer in the investigation of potentially fraudulent or activity that contravenes the anti money laundering legislation. You might also find yourself helping the authorities with data gathering activity of suspicious customer activity
- On a regular basis they will find themselves raising credit notes when authorized, helping with reconciliation of the balances within the ledgers, the preparation of statutory accounts and the day to day reconciliation of customer movements & balances.
- Lastly you can expect to be asked to undertake some general office duties, process incoming and outgoing mail and prepare documents for appointments.
To be seriously considered for the Financial Assistant position you should be an ambitious, forward thinking junior accountancy professional that has the ability to work in a dynamic environment and hit the ground running. You should have at least a yearâs experience in general accounting and hold the AAT qualification.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level.
Not only does this opportunity offer an excellent remuneration package but it will also allow you to join one of the Rocks most dynamic and rapidly expanding fiduciary service providers.