This fully regulated Gibraltar based wealth management house is looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Officer to work out of their Gibraltar office.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance by the company with applicable laws and regulations. Whilst the majority of these are Gibraltar’s own FSC regulations – the international nature of their business means you will have a need for familiarity with a wide range of Compliance legislation. Indeed, this well paid Gibraltar banking vacancy will also involve various aspects of compliance in accordance with developing requirements, including compliance with applicable Banking and Anti Money Laundering regulations in Gibraltar and other EU jurisdictions
Central to the Compliance Officer
duties is the reviewing, creating, implementing and/or updating required compliance and best practice procedures and policies in a timely manner, and ensuring that these are being adhered to. Should you be successful in your application you will also need to get involved in other compliance-related tasks as required by the Company, and to liaise with a range of regulatory bodies, particularly the Financial Services Commission of Gibraltar. The Compliance Manager will also be the person with whom all internal and external parties raise any compliance concerns or complaints. Additional specific responsibilities include:
- To continually identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; to develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- To feed all best practice decisions into all new product and technical development processes, translating (where required) best practice compliance rules into functional requirements for the product development teams.
- Assisting with the preparation of board documentation in line with local requirements and coordinating with Company Secretary on corporate filings.
- To work with other members of staff to develop an effective compliance training program through appropriate written and verbal communications media, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees, managers, and relevant external parties, including retail and distribution partners.
- Representing the company at appropriate industry forums and trade organisations.
In the absence of the MLRO the Compliance Officer will also serve as the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
The Compliance Officer is an outstanding opportunity for an existing compliance professional to join a growing and respected offshore asset manager. The firm, due to the nature of its business, has a burgeoning international reputation
and offers the right individual a chance to make a name for themselves upon that stage.
A full package of benefits is on offer as is a class leading salary and company bonus scheme.