This Gibraltar based bank is looking to appoint a new Assistant Vice President for their Operations and Credit departments. This high level banking operations position serves as the main conduit between front and back office and as a central hub upon which the various wealth management and banking teams depend.
The Assistant VP of Operations & Credit is charged with delivering the credit, branch banking operations and banking processes
. To achieve this they have a team of six direct reports. The Assistant VP of Operations & Credit reports directly to the VP of Operations in Gibraltar and acts as the banks expert on procedural matters and operational efficiency. Coupled with that they take a direct role in the handling and processing of credit and trade instruments such as Letters of Credit, bank guarantees (for import / export) and Securities Backed Line of Credits. You will conduct these operations to support both internal colleagues in the front office and also external clients & intermediaries form both Gibraltar based firms and international organizations. Within these overall responsibilities are number of tasks and duties, these are:
- Customer Service: The Assistant VP of Operations & Credit must ensure that the various client relationship management and business partner managers deliver a top quality service. They also undertake a number of key client visits each year.
- Leadership: In this position it is essential to display first rate leadership, mentoring and management traits. Besides the daily management of your own team you will be part of Gibraltar senior management team and as such be involved in organisation of training, under performance management, advancement of top performers and succession planning. All these supervisory duties must be in accordance with your agreed staffing objectives and above all allow the bank to maintain its current high operational efficiency standards.
- Management of Risk: The Assistant VP of Operations & Credit maintains high standards of reporting and meeting of KPI's. They will also manage a number of key control processes and conduct all assessment activity on new business. This assessment activity is made up of audits, compliance reviews, monitoring and verification calls. On the back of these referrals a detailed assessment will be made by the banks compliance and risk departments as and when required.
To be considered as a serious applicant for the Assistant VP of Operations & Credit vacancy you must meet a number of certain professional and educational criteria. The bank has the following profile for its ideal applicant:
- At least three years experience in Credit Operations
at another bank. This will be coupled with an up to date understanding of current credit policy and procedures at another UK or UK overseas territory based bank.
- At least three years experience in either retail or corporate banking.
- Happy to relocate to Gibraltar if not already resident there.
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of credit operations and trade finance.
- At least two years management experience over at team of at least five individuals.
- To hold the ACIB, ACIBS or CFA. If not you must be willing to study for one of these.
- Fluent English, with Spanish being a distinct advantage.
The successful applicant to the Assistant VP of Operations & Credit position will be awarded an executive level remuneration package comprised of a high basic wage, bonus, full benefits and a variety of other executive level perks. To find out more or to apply immediately simply click the apply button above.