This Gibraltar based growing and expanding international financial services organisation, which have recently set up in Gibraltar, are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant. The Accounts Assistant will join the back office finance team.
The finance team is responsible for completing all accounting and financial analysis of a number of global banking, asset management, brokering and hedge fund sales and operations departments.
It the Head of Finances aim to bring on board an ambitious Accounts Assistant to work alongside and support the senior accountants and other specialists in their accountancy tasks.
It is a varied and well rounded job where you could find yourself undertaking a number of diverse and challenging functions – within the overall accounting remit. Some potential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Regular monitoring of the various corporate bank accounts and reporting income.
- Entering data in to various Excel spreadsheets for daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Assisting the review of various expense accounts
- Assisting in the collation of various Tax data
- Using the Accountancy software and running regular reports
- Assisting the preparation of internal reports and documentation
- Communicating with the global figures and numbers to ensure the accurate representation of various business units.
For serious consideration as an applicant for the Accounts Assistant vacancy you already be working as an Accounts Assistant or similar. In additional you will be keen to break into the world (s) of accountancy and / or banking and be willing to work hard. A discreet and accurate mind set in essential in this exciting accountancy second job. You should also have excellent MS Excel skills and knowledge of QuickBooks or similar package is an advantage. Accounting skills must be at AAT part qualified level or beyond (although you need not have accounting qualifications if you have sufficient experience). You will be able to work as part of a team but will also have the initiative to work on your own when needed.
Whilst the Accounts Assistant job pays a salary in line with the equivalent position – it is the real opportunity to build a career in accountancy
and / or banking which should be your major motivation. It offers the successful applicant the chance to work alongside and be mentored by some experienced “heavy hitters” in both banking and accountancy